This Environmental Sustainability Policy formalizes our commitment to supporting the principles of environmental sustainability and recognises that a sustainable environment is central to our lives and our work.
The aim of our Environmental Sustainability Policy is to:
- implement environmental actions within the company,
- monitor the environmental actions and improvements internally,
- communicate environmental initiatives internally and externally.
This policy and associated procedures apply to all management, staff and contractors working for the company.
Firebrand Australia Pty Ltd respects our relationship with the natural environment and its ecosystems. We acknowledge the adverse impacts that human activity can impose and take actions to prevent degradation of those natural systems.
Firebrand Australia Pty Ltd commits to the following principles and practices:
- Monitoring and managing our environmental performance and working towards targets set to reduce adverse impacts.
- Responsible sourcing of raw material products through Government endorsed sawmills and suppliers.
- Implementation of replanting programs to promote the reproduction of sustainable forestry.
- Complying with relevant International Governments and Australian Commonwealth, State and Local environmental policy, practices, regulations and legislation, and industry-specific legislation.
- Reducing the consumption of natural resources in daily operations, including water, paper and energy.
- Maximising the recycling of resources.
- Disposing of waste appropriately, including e-waste at designated e-waste centres.
- Committing to the principles of preventing pollution to the environment and continual improvement.
- Minimising pollution by taking steps to limit carbon emissions resulting from vehicle and air travel.
- Where possible, encouraging suppliers to meet high standards of environmental performance.
- Communicating this policy to all employees and contractors as well as making this policy available to the public.
- Reporting on the company’s environmental performance in both internal and external communications, where relevant.
- Reviewing this policy annually and measuring targets and performance as part of that review.
Responsibility and Review
This Environmental Sustainability Policy is the responsibility of the Management of Firebrand Australia Pt Ltd. This policy was lasted updated in January 2021 and will be reviewed in January 2022.