Firebrand Australia will collect and hold your personal information in a fair and lawful manner, and not in an unreasonably or intrusive way. Where it is reasonably practical to do so, we will collect your personal information directly from you. However, in certain cases we may collect personal information from third parties, including from publicly available sources.
We may collect the personal information you directly give us through some of the following means:
- When you make an inquiry or order in relation to goods or services through our Website;
- From other related correspondence (whether in writing or electronically);
- While conducting customer satisfaction and market research surveys; and
- When administering any of our services
Different Information We Collect
The different type of personal information we may collect can include (but is not limited to), your name, postal address, email address, phone numbers and billing information. Where you do not wish to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with requested goods or services.
Handling the Information We Collect
Firebrand Australia collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information to:
- Provide you with our goods and services;
- Manage and administer those goods and services, including account opening procedures;
- Communicate with you, including (but not limited to), emailing you tax invoices, dispatch and tracking
- information, returns and exchange authorisations
- Comply with its legal and regulatory obligations; and
- Otherwise to manage Firebrand Australia’s business.
Use and Disclosure of Information
Some of the primary purposes for which we use and disclose personal information include:
- Maintaining customer records;
- Delivery and supply of goods and services;
- Account keeping and invoicing;
- Locating and/or retrieving our goods; and
- Administering our accounts with you.
We may also use and disclose the information we collect for a secondary purpose. A secondary purpose is one which is related to the primary purpose of collection. Some of the secondary purposes for which may collect your personal information include:
- Marketing our goods and services to you;
- Goods and services development;
- To any third-party, person or entity we engage in relation to the primary and secondary purposes;
Customer and market research;
- To keep you informed of any changes to our business, goods and services or other offerings that may be of interest to you; and
- Disclosure to any person you have consented to or which we are authorised or required by law.
We will not use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose unless you have consented to that use or disclosure.
Protection of Personal Information
At Firebrand Australia, your personal information is treated with the greatest of care. Firebrand Australia maintains appropriate physical, procedural and technical security for its offices and information storage facilities so as to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or modification of personal information. This also applies to disposal of personal information. Firebrand Australia does not collect sensitive information.
As with most online businesses, marketing is important to Firebrand Australia’s continued success. We believe we have a range of products and services that we provide to customers at a high standard. We therefore like to stay in touch with customers and let them know about new opportunities. We may provide you with information about new products, services and promotions.
Please advise us if you no longer wish to receive messages from us.
You also have the option of emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our Customer Service Team will unsubscribe you if you provide them with the email address that is subscribed. In order to make our emails more relevant and useful to you, our servers may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us. You can also make this request by contacting our Privacy Officer. You will be included in our email newsletter mailing list (which includes special offers, competitions, new product arrival alerts and other communication related to our services or the products we offer) if you subscribe to our newsletter or if you make a purchase from us or have requested that we notify you of an items expected arrival and we expect to receive other items that are similar or complementary or if you make an inquiry with us.
Computer Tracking and Cookies
This Website is not set up to track, collect or distribute personal information not entered by visitors. However, our site logs certain kinds of non-identifying site usage data, such as the number of hits and visits to our sites. This information is used for internal purposes by technical support staff to provide better services to the public and may also be provided to others.
Resolving Your Concerns
You may also lodge a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by telephone: 1300 363 992 or email: email@example.com.
The last update to this document was 27 October 2015.