Founded by the Cortas family in 1925 in the family home town in the mountain village of Brummana.
Grandma Cortas was well known for her home-made jams. People were so impressed with the Jam that they advised Emile to go into the business. That summer, Emile helped his mother preserve the apricot crop, which together they packaged to start the Cortas business.
Cortas Strawberry Jam
- All natural delicious Jam made from freshly picked Lebanese strawberries
- Uniquely flavored and consistent Strawberry Jam
- Freshly harvested in season. 100% Lebanese strawberries
- A heart-melting taste of sweetness and a jellied texture. Rich in fruit and pieces
- Rich in fiber, Vitamin C, A, and potent antioxidants. Vegan and Gluten Free
- Best used as spread on plain bread or toast, and may be used in puddings, pies, and even ice-cream
Cortas aims to bring the finest quality Lebanese gourmet products to every corner of the world including Australia.
Cortas sources its produce (fruit and vegetables) from the agriculturally rich Bekaa Valley in Lebanon – the breadbasket of the ancient Romans. Since the world’s finest sesame seeds originate in Sudan and the tastiest chick peas in Turkey, Cortas imports these grains and seeds.
Cortas has more than 90 years’ experience in a fruitful endeavour towards customer satisfaction. Cortas Quality Control begins at the purchasing stage – Cortas buys only the finest raw produce – and continues it quality control until the point the finish produce leaves the plant as products ready for consumption.