- Height: 280mm
- Length: 500mm
- Width: 390mm
Grill/Hotplate Plate Overall Size: 380mm W x 500mm L
Cooking Area: 470mm x 335mm
Every Bundle Comes with:
- 2 x End Panels
- 2 x Side Panels
- 2 x Pot/Pan Supports
- 1 x Stainless Steel Grill
- 1 x Large Heavy Duty Canvas Bag
- 1 x Galvanized Ash Tray
The hot plate/grill on this fire pit is made from a special grade of stainless steel which is ideal for cooking on, as it distributes the heat more evenly throughout the plate, as opposed to more well-known grades of stainless such as 304 and 316. We use ferritic stainless steel which offers corrosion resistance, a non-porous cooking surface and good thermal conductivity. It is also easy to clean and maintain. Putting it simply, this type of stainless steel is better for high temperatures so it will last you longer as it is less likely to distort or warp. Please note that these, as with any other type of steel, will brown over time with use, and in areas of high heat. We recommend that you lightly coat the grill with oil and place over the heat for a couple of minutes to quickly season the plate before you use it. This burns off any impurities, helps create a more non-stick surface, and increases the protective barrier against any corrosion.
- These fire pits are made from raw finish, stainless steel so they will rust if left out in the elements or if water/moisture is not dried from the surface. We recommend you coat these with cooking oil every few uses to keep them in the best condition.
- The steel parts may have sharp edges, please take care when handling the plates, we recommend that you wear protective gloves when assembling and taking apart your fire pit.
- These fire pits will be heavy (as they are made from heavy duty 5mm plate – please check the weight in the description) so please take care when lifting.
- The fire pit parts are processed through several machines so they may have some scratching/marks. The Bluescope sheets that we cut the fire pits from can have printing and markings on them from the manufacturing process. See below images as reference.
- With the stainless steel hotplate, we advise that you only use it once the fire has burnt down to coals, as excessive heat can damage the grill. In comparison to 304/316 stainless steel, ferritic stainless steel contains a slightly lower percentage of chromium and nickel, making it a little less corrosion resistant than the more expensive 304 or 316 grade S/S, but heat and oil from cooking on these plates helps to create a protective layer against corrosion. Also, it helps if the plate is dry before you store it away.
- These may possibly warp from heat when in use or over time, so we recommend that you flip the sides over each time you use the fire pit, to straighten out any bowing or warping.
- Ensure all children and pets are supervised at all times while fire pit is in use.
- Keep in mind that individual fire pits and bundles will fit inside our canvas bag, however the spit upgrade kit (the rotisserie box) can be too large and it may not close properly. Once multiple accessories are added, we cannot guarantee it all will fit inside the bag.